Salted Chocolate Fondue
Here is a secret about this recipe: it looks fancy and tastes great, but it's actually oh so quick and easy to make. It lends itself to other uses as well – along with using it to dip fruit into, you can also drizzle it over Sunday morning waffles or pancakes! Serve with fresh banana or berries, or add some ground hazelnuts for that divine choc-hazelnut combo.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The fondue was beautiful and glossy. It was just right in terms of saltiness – it took away the bitterness of the chocolate and helped to offset the sweetness." - Nerine
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 8 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
skewers, to serve
- fruit of choice - fresh, chopped into bite-size pieces
- chocolate - 200g, dark, broken up into small pieces
- double cream - 150g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- salt flakes - 1.5 tsp
- waffles - or pancakes, to serve instead of fruit
- hazelnuts - ground, to add to the dip
- Add the dark chocolate pieces (200g), double cream (150g) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) into the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 70C / Speed 1.
- Add the salt flakes (1.5 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Allow the fondue to cool slightly to thicken up, then serve with fruit and skewers for dipping.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites