Salted Caramel Popcorn Cheesecake
This recipe and photo have been shared with us by Lisa Cockington.
"Inspired by a dessert whilst dining out, I had to go home and make my own version. This consistently receives 'oohs and ahhs' from my guests, but it's actually very simple to make. A great choice for a dinner party, as you can make it ahead of time. Just slice, sprinkle the popcorn, pour over the sauce, and everyone thinks you’ve been cooking for hours!" - Lisa
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It's a special occasion cake. Looked and tasted amazing." - Nicole
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 1 hour 10 minutes + overnight cooling time
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Nice biscuits - 200g, brocken into pieces
- butter - 85g
- cream cheese - 750, cubed
- icing sugar - 200g
- plain flour - 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
- eggs - 3
- vanilla - 1 tsp, essence
- sour cream - 250g
- popcorn - freshly popped, to serve
- butter - 80g
- cream - 120g
- brown sugar - 100g
- maple syrup - 50g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, essence
- salt - 1.5 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a springform pan with baking paper.
- If you need to make your own icing sugar, add sugar (200g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the biscuits (200g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 5 seconds, until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the butter (85g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 80C / Speed 3.
- Press the crumb mixture into the prepared pan and leave to cool.
- Add the cream cheese (750g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 37C / Speed 3, until smooth and creamy.
- Program 1 minute / 37C / Speed 3. Slowly add the icing sugar (200g) and plain flour (2 Tbsp) while the blades are turning. Stop when well combined.
- Insert the whisk attachment. Add the lemon juice (1 tsp), eggs (3), vanilla (1 tsp) and sour cream (250g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 3 until well combined and smooth.
- Pour over the base.
- Bake at 200C for 10 minutes.
- Then bake at 100C for 25 minutes, or until it barely wobbles in the centre and the sides are starting to come away from the pan.
- Leave to cool in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Add the butter (80g), cream (120g), brown sugar (100g), maple syrup (50g), vanilla (1 tsp) and salt (1.5 tsp) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Slice the cheesecake into the required number of serves and place on individual plates. This is a rich dessert and smaller servings are best.
- Sprinkle popcorn over the cheesecake and plate for effect.
- Drizzle with 1-2 Tbsp sauce per serve.