Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
For those that know Joe from the podcast, you’ll know he’s not a real chocolate lover. So, we made this hot chocolate for him, using some chewy caramel lollies (we used Columbines). It still has a bit of chocolate, but the predominant flavour is a beautiful salted caramel. You know, so the crazy non-chocolate lovers don't have to miss out.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 8 minutes
Best served fresh, but also delicious to have cold.
- milk - 40g, chocolate
- caramel - 20g, chewy, lollies (e.g. Columbines), unwrapped and cold
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- milk - 500g
- Add chocolate (40g) and caramels (20g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 10 / 7 seconds.
- Add salt (1/4 tsp), vanilla (1/2 tsp) and milk (500g).
- Program 6 minutes / 90C / Speed 4, measuring cap on.
- Sit the simmering basket on the lid. Speed 7 / 20 seconds.