Salted Caramel Choc Peanut Butter Slice
This triple threat of caramel, chocolate and nuts was shared with us by Helen from Hungry & Fussy. This slice literally flies off the platter at every party. You could cut the squares smaller so there is more to go around, but that doesn't seem to make a difference because guests just come back for seconds and thirds!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "AMAZING! This is so good my husband didn’t want to share it with anyone else. You definitely can’t stop at just one piece!" - Kylie
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 30 squares
Can be frozen
- butter - 120g, unsalted
- desiccated coconut - 70g
- plain flour - 130g, gluten free
- brown sugar - 75g
- Caramel centre:
- condensed milk - 200g, sweetened
- butter - 60g
- golden syrup - 70g
- sea salt - 2 tsp, flakes
- peanuts - 1/3 cup (*can omit for NF)
- Chocolate topping:
- chocolate - 100g, dark cooking
- coconut oil - 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180C and line your baking tin with baking paper.
- Place butter (120g only) in mixer bowl. Program 1 minute / 50C / Speed 4 , or until butter has melted.
- Add coconut (70g), flour (130g) and sugar (75g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 2 / 40 seconds.
- Press into the prepared tin. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Place condensed milk (400g), butter (60g only), golden syrup (70g) and sea salt (2 tsp) in the mixer bowl. Program 3 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3 with measuring cap removed until caramel thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle the peanuts (1/3 cup) on top of base in a single layer. Pour caramel mixture over peanuts, ensuring that peanuts are covered by caramel so they don't burn in the oven.
- Return slice to oven and bake for 15 minutes until caramel is golden. Cool and refrigerate.
- Add chocolate (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add coconut oil (2 tsp) to the bowl bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 3.
- Pour over caramel and refrigerate until set.
- Once very cold, remove from the tin and chop into pieces to share.