Salt Dough Decorations
Keep the kiddies entertained in the lead up to Christmas by making your own decorations. These are so easy and lots of fun. All you really need is some paint, paint brushes and some glitter to keep the kiddies busy this holiday season.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 2-3 hours
Makes approx 18 shapes depending on the size of your cutters
- Preheat oven to 130C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place flour (160g), salt (80g) and water (125ml) into bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove dough carefully from bowl and hand knead it until it is a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of baking paper.
- Cut desired shapes and place onto prepared tray. Re-roll any leftover dough and cut into shapes.
- Use a straw to make a hole for the string in each of the shapes.
- Bake for about 2-3 hours, flipping over a few times during cooking.
- Allow to cool. Tie a piece of string through the hole and decorate as desired.