Fancy a pasta, but don't anything too heavy? This is a great option from Alyce Alexandra. The microgreens add both a flavour and visual dimension to the meal. If you are unable to find microgreens you could experiment with a combination of shredded baby rocket, baby spinach and sprouts.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A delicious light, tasty and fresh pasta dish! I wasn’t sure how my husband would react because he hasn’t ever had smoked salmon (or microgreens, I don’t think!) and isn’t always keen on trying new things but he deemed it ‘Mmm, nice isn’t it!' We both enjoyed it!" - Sue
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- dried spaghetti - 300g (*can use GF)
- lemon - 1, peel and juice
- garlic cloves - 2
- olive oil - 60g
- salt - to taste
- cherry tomatoes - 250g, halved
- smoked salmon - 200g, roughly chopped
- radish - 1 pot, , red microgreens, trimmed
- radish - 1 pot, green microgreens, trimmed
- Cook spaghetti (300g) in boiling water, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place lemon rind (1) in machine bowl. Zest Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add garlic cloves (2). Chop Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add oil (60g). Cook 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add cooked pasta, salt (to taste) and lemon juice (1), mix on Reverse+Speed 1 / 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and toss through tomatoes (250g), salmon (200g) and 3/4 of the microgreens.
- Serve immediately garnished with remaining microgreens.