Salmon and Cream Cheese Ravioli
What a delicious way to enjoy salmon! Don't be scared off by the thought of making your own ravioli. It is much easier than you may think, and it will be a taste sensation! And nothing beats homemade pasta! The combination of salmon, cheese and chives really is delicious and sure to impress, all year round.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A beautifully flavoured smoked salmon ravioli, with soft fresh pasta!!" - Heidi
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes + 30-60 minutes resting time
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen before cooking
- cream cheese - 200g, full fat, roughly cubed
- ricotta cheese - 100g, soft
- fresh chives - 1 bunch, quartered
- fresh dill - 1 Tbsp
- lemon - 1, zest only
- smoked salmon - 200g
- Pasta (*or replace with the Gluten Free Fresh Pasta recipe from The Steaming Issue)
- '00' flour - 400g, plus extra for dusting
- olive oil - 2 tsp
- salt - pinch
- water - 500g, hot
- To serve:
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese - shaved
- Add the cubed cream cheese (200g) and ricotta cheese (100g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 8 until smooth.
- Add the quartered chives (1 bunch), fresh dill (1 Tbsp), lemon zest (from 1 lemon), salmon (200g), salt and pepper to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 x 1 second blast, until a mixture forms. It does not need to be completely incorporated.
- Set aside in a small bowl in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Add the '00' flour (400g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds to aerate.
- Add the eggs (4), olive oil (2 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- A small pebble-like dough will form. Press a small handful into a ball to see if it comes together. If it's too dry, add a little extra oil and knead to combine.
- Pour the mixture out onto a clean bench and knead to form a smooth, solid ball. If the dough is sticky, dust with some extra flour and knead it in. You want a nice, soft, smooth dough.
- Allow it to rest for 30-60 minutes before rolling.
- When ready to make the ravioli, separate the pasta dough (1 batch) into four pieces and roll it out into paper thin sheets. You can use a pasta machine if you have one.
- Cut each sheet into 4 medium squares. You will be serving 2 ravioli per person.
- Add a heaped teaspoon of filling into the middle of 8 of the squares. Place another square of pasta on top of each and press along the edges with a fork to secure.
- Place the ravioli into the lightly oiled steaming attachment. You can use the upper tray and the lower dish simultaneously. We recommend placing 3 on the lower dish and 5 on the upper tray.
- Add hot water (500g) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 30 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove ravioli and place into a serving bowl.
- Serve immediately drizzled with a little olive oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Make your own!
* Make your own ricotta with the Ricotta Cheese recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue.