Sage and Chicken Ravioli
Sage's earthy smell and taste give this chicken ravioli a great flavour profile. Haven't made ravioli before? It is a lot easier than you may think, and it tastes far superior to anything you can purchase at the supermarket. Don't have sage? Rosemary, thyme or tarragon all work well too.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "We loved these flavoursome pieces of ravioli and definitely agree that they are far superior to store-bought ravioli, fresh or frozen." - Sharree
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 45 minutes + resting time
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- '00' flour - 400g, plus extra for dusting
- eggs - 4, large
- olive oil - 2 tsp
- salt - pinch
- spring onions - 4, roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- butter - 20g
- chicken mince - 300g
- fresh sage - 30, leaves
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, black, cracked
- To serve:
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese - shaved
- Place the '00' flour (400g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds to aerate.
- Add the eggs (4), oil (2 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- A small pebble-like dough will form. Press a small handful together to see if it comes together. If it's too dry, add a little extra oil and knead to combine.
- Pour the mixture out onto a clean bench and knead to form a smooth, solid ball. If the dough is sticky, dust with some extra flour and knead it in. You want a nice, soft, smooth dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30-60 minutes before rolling.
- Place the spring onions (4) and garlic cloves (2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add the mince (300g), sage leaves (30), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture out onto a plate.
- When ready to make the ravioli, separate the pasta dough (1 batch) into four pieces and roll it out into paper thin sheets. You can use a pasta machine if you have one.
- Cut each sheet into 4 medium squares. You will be serving 2 ravioli per person.
- Add a heaped teaspoon of filling into the middle of 8 of the squares. Place another square of pasta on top of each and press along the edges with a fork to secure.
- Place the ravioli in the lightly oiled steaming attachment. You can use the upper tray and the lower dish simultaneously. We recommend placing 3 on the bottom dish and 5 on the top.
- Add hot water (500g) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 30 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove and serve drizzled with a little olive oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.