Saffron Mussel Risotto
Enjoy this deliciously creamy (but dairy free!) risotto with a seafood twist, brought to you by Alyce Alexandra. Paired nicely with a glass of white wine!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time Approx. 1 hour
Risotto can be frozen, mussels cannot be frozen
- fresh parsley - handful
- water - 380g
- white wine - 120g
- mussels - 1000g, scrubbed and debearded
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- leek - 1, ends trimmed and halved
- olive oil - 40g
- arborio rice - 300g
- vegetable stock - 40g, concentrate
- saffron - pinch, threads
- butter - 20g (*optional)
- fresh parsley - to garnish
- Place parsley (handful) in bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Fill bowl with water (380g) and white wine (120g). Place mussels (1000g) in steaming attachment lower dish. Program 14 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove any mussels that have opened. Steam for a further 1 minute / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Remove mussels that have opened.
- Steam for a further 1 minute / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Again, remove any mussels that have opened and discard any unopened mussels. Cover mussels to keep warm. Set aside steaming water.
- In a dry bowl place garlic cloves (2) and leek (1). Chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (40g). Sauté for 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add rice (300g). Sauté for 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add stock concentrate (40g) and saffron (pinch). Activate scales and pour in reserved steaming liquid. Add water to bring the weight to 750g. Cook for 18 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1-2.
- Add butter (20g) and stir through using a spatula. Allow to stand in bowl, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Divide risotto between 4 serving bowls, top with mussels and sprinkle with chopped parsley.