Ruby Cleanse Smoothie
The ingredients in this smoothie were chosen because of their cleansing and good gut health qualities. The best part (aside from the gorgeous colour) is that it actually TASTES good while being good for you. You can substitute the coconut water for plain water if you wish, although it does enhance the flavour! You can substitute some of the ingredients for what you have on hand... for example spinach for kale or frozen strawberries for blueberries.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a delicious, quick and easy smoothie. The avocado gives it a lovely creamy texture. I could have this for breakfast every day... and I love the colour!" - Bec B.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- beetroot - 75g, peeled and chopped into pieces
- kale - 30g, leaves, washed and stalks removed
- fresh fennel - 50g, chopped into pieces
- ginger - 1/2cm piece (approx. 5g), peeled
- avocado - 1/2, flesh only (approx. 75-100g)
- blueberries - 100g, frozen
- ice cubes - 100g
- coconut water - 500g, chilled
- honey - 20g, raw runny
- Add beetroot (75g), kale (30g), fennel (50g), ginger (1/2cm piece), avocado (1/2), blueberries (100g) and ice (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Weigh out the coconut water (500g) into a jug.
- Add honey (20g) to bowl.
- Set lid and measuring cap in place. Program 1:30 minutes / Speed 8. Slowly pour coconut water (500g) onto lid and allow it to run into the bowl. This should take the whole time to complete. Scrape down sides.
- Check for sweetness and add more honey if necessary. Blend 1 minute / Speed 10, measuring cap on.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.