Rosemary Thyme Marinated Green Olives
These olives make a great addition to an antipasto platter. This is also just a really cost effective way to share some delicious olives, if you are a fan! Rather than buying the pre-marinated olives from the supermarket, you can make your own – and you can do this in bulk too! To take these to the next level, serve with some fresh crumbled feta cheese.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This turns an average olive into something special." - Annette
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- lemon - 2 strips, peel
- fresh rosemary - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- dried fennel - 1 tsp, seeds
- olive oil - 50g
- fresh thyme - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- olives - 300g, green, pitted
- Serving suggestions:
- feta cheese - crumbled (*omit for DF)
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), lemon peel (2 strips) and fresh rosemary leaves (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the fennel seeds (1 tsp) and olive oil (50g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the fresh thyme leaves (1 Tbsp) and pitted green olives (300g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on. As soon as the 100C temperature has been reached (this should take 2-3 minutes), reset to 60C and allow to continue.
- Allow to cool and marinate further.
- Serve chilled.