Rosemary Lamb Meatballs
Rosemary and lamb are a delicious combination, and they work so well in this delicious meatball recipe. Serve with tzatziki sauce and sliced veggies for a complete lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These quick and easy meatballs were delicious. The combination of lamb and rosemary is always a winner for me." - Lesley
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 20 small meatballs
Can be frozen
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 2 Tbsp
- fresh rosemary - 3 Tbsp, leaves
- lamb mince - 500g
- egg - 1, optional, *omit for EF
- bread - 1 piece, soaked in water and squeezed, optional (*can omit or use GF)
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- oil - for frying
- tzatziki sauce - to serve, optional* (*omit for DF)
- vegetables of choice - to serve, optional
- Add the garlic powder (1 tsp), onion flakes (2 Tbsp), fresh rosemary (3 Tbsp), lamb mince (500g), egg (1, if using), soaked bread (1 piece, if using), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Blitz again Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and roll into 20 meatballs.
- Place oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook for 6 minutes on each side, then a further 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool before placing into the lunchbox or containers. Serve with tzatziki sauce if desired.
Note: You may prefer to oven bake these delicious meatballs. Simply preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Make your own!
* Make your own tzatziki sauce with the Trio of Dips with Veggie Sticks recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue