Rosemary Citrus Seasoned Butterflied Lamb Leg
You can't have an Aussie BBQ without lamb, and this flavour combination is too good to go past. Get your butcher to butterfly the lamb leg for you to make life even easier. If you don't have a BBQ, you could use a combination of the pan and the oven to get a similar result!
Tap here to return to the Aussie BBQ planning guide.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe is a cracker - simple to prepare with flavours that encapsulate summer. Prepare to impress yourself (and guests if you wish to share) with this tasty, succulant dish. Soooo delicious! I need more... now!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + marinating time
Cooking Time 1 hour
Can be frozen after cooking
- garlic cloves - 6
- fresh rosemary - 3, medium stalks, leaves only
- peppercorns - 2 tsp, black
- lemon - 1, medium, juice only
- orange - 1, large, juice only
- lamb leg - 1.5kg, boneless, butterflied (can use larger or smaller cut, as required)
- salt - to season
- Place garlic (6) and rosemary leaves (3) into bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add peppercorns (2 tsp), lemon juice (1) and orange juice (1) into bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Place lamb (1.5kg) into ceramic dish skin side down, pour marinade over the top, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Flip lamb and generously sprinkle salt onto the skin side.
- Fire up the BBQ, preheating to a high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high heat and barbecue lamb, skin side down, for 10 minutes.
- Turn and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover lamb with barbecue hood. Barbecue for a further 35 minutes for medium cooked meat, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes to rest.
- Carve and enjoy!