Rosemary and Tarragon Chicken Salad
This is such a great sandwich filling to have on hand in the fridge. Rosemary and tarragon work so well together, with rosemary's woody flavour and tarragon's anise taste. Both work brilliantly with white meat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Asked hubby for a comment and he just groaned in ecstasy. An absolutely delicious, versatile mix. This would be a great filling for a sandwich platter, mixed warm through pasta or rice or mixed cold through lettuce for a different kind of salad. It's gone straight to the favourites section of my recipe book!" - Bec B.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes enough for 6 rolls
Can be frozen
- chicken breast - 500g, roughly chopped
- water - 600g, hot
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh rosemary - 4 Tbsp, leaves
- fresh tarragon - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- dried oregano - 1 tsp, leaves
- mayonnaise - 200g, whole egg, (*can use EF; make your own with the Mayonnaise recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Egg Free Mayonnaise recipe from The Tea Party Issue)
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, black, cracked
- To serve:
- bread - rolls (*can omit or use GF; make your own with the Bread Rolls recipe from The On the Road Issue or the LCHF Bread Rolls (GF) recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue)
- lettuce - leaves
- Place chicken (500g) into the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place. Pour hot water (600g) over the top. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Carefully remove chicken and drain water.
- Add the garlic cloves (2), rosemary (4 Tbsp), tarragon (2 Tbsp) and oregano (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cooked chicken, mayonnaise (200g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Shred Speed 4 / 4-6 seconds.
- Place into a bowl. Either serve warm, or refrigerate until cold.
- Serve in fresh bread rolls with lettuce, or for a low carb option serve in lettuce leaves.