Rolled Roast Pork with Apple, Pear & Pistachio Grainfree Stuffing
This recipe is a delicious 'Two in One'... yummy pork with delectable crackle, for sure... but the stuffing is the real winner here. The stuffing that is the perfect blend of sweet and salty, with just a little bit of crunch... and grain-free! We love that there is enough stuffing to serve a portion with the main meal.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 3 hours
Can be frozen
- potato - 800g, quartered
- apples - 3, green, cored and cut into eighths
- pear - 1, cored and cut into eighths
- onion - 1
- garlic cloves - 4
- fresh parsley - handful
- oil - 20g
- dried fennel - 2 tsp, seeds
- salt - 2 tsp
- pistachios - 50, shelled
- pork loin - 1.5kg
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare potato (800g), apples (3) and pear (1) on prepared baking tray and bake for 1 hour. Once they have finished cooking, remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 230C.
- Add onion (1) and garlic (4) to bowl. Chop Speed 4-5/ 2 seconds.
- Add olive oil (20g. Cook 3 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add parsley (handful) and fennel seeds (2 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add roasted potato, apple and pear, along with salt (2 tsp) and pistachios (10g). Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds, using the spatula to assist.
- Take about one third of the mixture to stuff and roll the pork, tying and placing in the roasting pan, fat side up, as shown in the video.
- Put remaining stuffing mixture into the greased muffin tin.
- Rub oil into the rind, followed by salt.
- Transfer pork and stuffing to the oven, with the pork on the higher shelf and the stuffing on the lower shelf.
- After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to 200C. Leave for another 30 minutes. We recommend checking the meat with a meat thermometer to make sure it’s at the optimum temperature.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes, before slicing and serving with the dumplings of stuffing.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.