Do Rock Cakes bring back childhood memories for you? They are great because they use very basic and common ingredients, therefore they are very budget friendly. They are so versatile and so so easy to make. This makes them the perfect starting point for the junior chefs in your house. They can include their favourite ingredients, whether it be sultanas, like in this recipe, or choc chips or even cheese for a savoury option. They are sure to become a go to recipe for your family.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Easy to whip these up and get into the oven for a quick mid morning treat! Loved by my kids and husband." - Julie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15-18 minutes
Can be frozen
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Add flour (300g), sugar (100g) and butter (100g) to bowl. Closed Lid / Turbo / 2 x 2 second blasts.
- Add egg (1), milk (140g) and sultanas (80g) and mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Place a big spoonful of mixture on the tray. There will be enough for 8 rock cakes. Be sure to leave space for the rock cakes to grow. You may wish to wet your hands and roll the mixture into balls and place on the tray for a smoother finish.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool on a wire cooling rack before serving.