Roasted Zucchini Dip
We love the complexity of the flavour you get from roasted zucchini. This dip is such a great option, without the typical finicky steps associated with roasted zucchini dip, like scraping the zucchini flesh away from the skin! Make this ahead of time, pack it for lunch and you will have a nutritious snack to last you all day long.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "What a great little recipe to have up your sleeve! A welcome change in our house to ye ol' faithful hummus and the perfect way to get some zucchini into my children. Thumbs up!" - Claire K.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- zucchini - 400g, cut into rough chunks
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- cumin - 2 tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- paprika - 2 tsp
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- tahini paste - 1.5 Tbsp, can make your own with the Tahini Paste recipe from The Tea Party Issue
- salt flakes - 1 tsp (less for fine salt)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the zucchini (400g), garlic cloves (3), oil (1 Tbsp), cumin (2 tsp), coriander (1 tsp) and paprika (2 tsp) to a snap lock bag. Shake to coat well.
- Pour out onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Move the veggies to the mixer bowl, along with lemon juice (1 Tbsp), tahini (1.5 Tbsp) and salt flakes (1 tsp). Mix Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Serve warm or allow to cool.