Roasted Tomato and Basil Risotto
This hearty, delicious risotto reminds us of a warm bowl of roasted tomato soup. The addition of roasted tomatoes scattered over the top of this risotto adds so much flavour and a delicious texture. It's sure to be a new family favourite.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I didn't expect the roasted tomatoes to taste SO good! I will definitely be making this again, but I'll be adding more tomatoes for roasting... for when we all go back for seconds!" - Rach
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- cherry tomatoes - 200g, halved
- olive oil - 20g, plus extra for roasting
- onion - 2, small, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- arborio rice - 350g
- chicken stock - 70g, paste, or vegetable stock paste
- water - 930g
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, or fresh, diced
- fresh basil - handful, leaves sliced, plus extra to garnish
- feta cheese - 50g, crumbled, optional (*omit for DF and add extra salt)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the cherry tomatoes (200g) onto a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake until roasted and blistered, approximately 45 minutes.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed Parmesan cheese (100g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add onions (2) and garlic cloves (2) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Set the whisk attachment in place. Add rice (350g) to bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the stock paste (70g), water (930g) and tomatoes (400g) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add basil leaves (handful) and feta (50g, if using) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add Parmesan cheese (100g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 2/ 8 seconds to combine.
- Check for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if required.
- Pour risotto into an insulated server and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon risotto into a bowl, top with roasted tomatoes and garnish with fresh basil leaves.