Roasted Spiced Chickpeas
A deliciously crunchy little savoury snack that is a great alternative to nuts or chips. This is an incredibly tasty recipe, and we are sure it will become part of your weekly lunchbox cook up.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I have enjoyed munching on the chickpeas all morning. I can see them disappearing quite quickly with a cold beer or two." - Tracey
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 45-60 minutes
Makes 2 cups
Cannot be frozen
- dried onion flakes - 2 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1/2 Tbsp
- curry powder - 1 tsp (make your own with the Curry Powder recipe from this issue)
- salt* - 1/2 tsp
- pepper* - 1/2 tsp
- chickpeas - 2 x 400g tins, drained and rinsed well
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the onion flakes (2 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), paprika (1/2 Tbsp), curry powder (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas (2 x 400g tins) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Pour out onto the prepared tray.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until crispy and roasted. Give the tray a gentle shake every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Allow to cool before serving, or save for lunchboxes.
*Salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 100g pretzels and 200g roasted nuts of choice to the cooked chickpeas for a delicious trail mix.