Roasted Orange Cinnamon Carrots
Why have steamed carrots when you can have roasted orange cinnamon carrots? These will add a great flavour punch to your next roast night! For a different flavour and a more savoury taste, swap the cinnamon for ground cumin.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A simple and incredibly tasty recipe that makes the humble carrot sing." - Karen
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 26 minutes
Serves 6-8 as a side dish
Can be frozen
You will need:
- Dutch carrots - 1kg, tops trimmed and washed well
- butter - 60g, cubed
- brown sugar - 60g
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, ground
- orange - 1, zest and juice only
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the washed and trimmed carrots (1kg) onto the tray.
- Add the cubed butter (60g), brown sugar (60g), ground cinnamon (1/2 tsp), orange zest (from 1 orange) and orange juice (from 1 orange) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Pour the butter over the carrots and mix well to coat the carrots.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until starting to soften. You still want a slight crunch to these carrots.
- Serve immediately with fresh chopped parsley (2 Tbsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) over the top.