Roasted Garlic & Onion Rissoles with Roast Veg and Steamed Greens
This is our new favourite rissole recipe! The flavours of the roasted garlic andonion are so classic, and make these rissoles an immediate winner. We have created this recipe to allow you to have a full meal of steamed greens and roasted vegetables at the end, which are perfect accompaniments for these rissoles.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "What a delicious and healthy family meal! We have a new favourite rissole. Roasting the onion, carrots and herbs before mixing them with the mince really enhanced the flavours." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 1 hour
Rissoles can be frozen
- onions - 2, unpeeled and halved
- carrots - 2, roughly chopped
- fresh rosemary - 4 stalks
- garlic cloves - 4, unpeeled
- pumpkin - diced, with potato and sweet potato to fill baking tray
- olive oil
- beef mince - 500g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- water - 500g, hot
- broccoli - 1 head, in florets
- zucchinis - 2, sliced
- Preheat oven to 220C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Add onions (2), carrots (2), rosemary stalks (4) and garlic cloves (4) to the baking tray. Drizzle with oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, potato and sweet potato pieces to the second baking tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Add to the oven.
- Once 20 minutes is up, remove the onions / carrots tray but leave the root vegetables to cook on the top shelf. Reduce oven temperature to 190C.
- Add mince (500g), salt flakes (1 tsp) along with peeled roasted onions, carrots, rosemary stalks and peeled garlic cloves to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds, using the spatula to assist if necessary.
- Transfer rissole mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, adding a little oil for frying.
- Shape the mince mixture into 2cm thick patties and cook 3 minutes either side. If you find that your patties aren't holding together, simply put your mixture in the fridge for a while to let the mixture cool.
- Whilst the patties are cooking, add hot water (500g) to the bowl and set your steaming attachment in place.
- Add broccoli florets (from 1 head of broccoli) and zucchini slices (2) to the steaming attachment lower dish. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. This will give you steamed greens that are quite firm. If you prefer them less firm, simply allow them to sit in the steaming attachment after cooking is complete, until you are ready to eat.
- Once your rissoles and greens are ready, remove the root vegetables from the oven and serve all together.