Roasted Cauli Broccoli Bowl
This roasted cauli broccoli bowl with tahini dressing is one of the yummiest lunches you can have. It is light, fresh and super tasty. You can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days, and it makes a great base for a wrap.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Such a light yet filling dish that is full of flavour. I really like the taste of the roasted broccoli and cauliflower. And it's such a bonus that it stores well in the fridge!" - Tamara
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- quinoa - 150g
- beetroot - 250g, raw, peeled and sliced, or in bite-size pieces
- water - 800g, hot
- broccoli - 1, head, chopped in small florets
- cauliflower - 1, head, chopped in small florets
- olive oil - 30g
- sea salt - 1 tsp, flakes
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- chilli flakes - 1/4 tsp
- baby spinach - 100g, fresh leaves
- Tahini dressing:
- tahini paste - 50g, can make your own with the Tahini Paste recipe from The Tea Party Issue
- olive oil - 20g
- soy sauce - 1/2 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- lemon - 1, zest and juice only
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Rinse quinoa (150g) really well using the sieve. Transfer quinoa into internal steaming basket. Set basket in place.
- Put the beetroot slices (250g) in the steaming attachment upper tray and lower dish. Slices can overlap if necessary.
- Pour hot water (800g) over quinoa. Put the lid on and set the steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Meanwhile, place the broccoli (1 head) and cauliflower (1 head) on the lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil (30g), salt (1 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp) and chilli flakes (1/4 tsp). Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the serving bowl by arranging the cooked quinoa in the bottom and the cooked sliced beetroot on top. Decorate by placing spinach (100g) around it. Remove the vegetables from the oven and arrange on top.
- If you would like to zest your own lemon, add lemon zest (from 1 lemon) to the bowl and blitz Speed 10 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat until the desired consistency has been reached.
- Add the tahini (50g), oil (20g), soy sauce (1/2 tsp), lemon zest (from 1 lemon), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 2.5 / 20 seconds.
- Pour over the serving bowl and serve immediately.
- Portion into airtight containers for a delicious packed lunch.