Roasted Caramelised Almonds
These heavenly morsels have been shared with us by Sophia, the Thermomix Baking Blogger. This recipe is one of those unique to thermo mixers. It takes only minutes and can be adapted to so many different flavours. Try it and don’t be scared to caramelise because your thermo mixer will make it so easy.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Ok, so I tasted one, then another, then another and a handful more! They are perfectly sweet and crunchy! Soooo delicious!! I had to stop as my husband isn't home and would be upset if I didn't save him any of this recipe!" - Sandra
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 2 cups
Cannot be frozen
- almonds - 200g, with skins on
- brown sugar - 80g
- cinnamon - 1 pinch
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- water - 10g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place almonds (200g), brown sugar (80g), cinnamon (pinch) and vanilla extract (1/2 tsp) into bowl.
- Heat 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add water (10g) and boil again on 9 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Scatter the almonds onto prepared baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Wash your bowl ASAP after emptying the ingredients on the tray as the caramel can be quite difficult to clean if left on for more than a couple of minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool, making sure you loosen them from the tray before they start sticking to it.