Roasted Capsicum Soup
If you are craving a light but full-bodied dinner, you should give this gorgeous and colourful roasted capsicum soup a go. Served with garlic bread, it makes the perfect dinner for the whole family. You can freeze the soup in batches for a rainy day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Bold and full of flavour, this is a delicious and slightly sweet soup. I will definitely be making this one again." - Shannah
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Can be frozen
- capsicums - 5, deseeded and quartered
- olive oil - 40g
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chilli - 1, red, halved
- sugar - 30g
- red wine vinegar - 50g
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- vegetable stock - 1 cube (*or 1 tsp vegetable stock paste)
- water - 500g
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch, black, ground
- cayenne pepper - pinch
- double cream - 100g
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Line a large baking tray with aluminium foil and place the capsicums (5) on top. Drizzle with oil (20g only) and wrap tightly in the foil. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the soup, place the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining oil (20g). Program 10 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the red chilli (1), sugar (30g), vinegar (50g) and turmeric (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Remove the capsicums from the oven and tip in the bowl along with the stock cube (1), water (500g), salt (pinch), black pepper (pinch) and cayenne pepper (pinch). Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the double cream (100g). Blitz the soup 1 minute / Speed 8. Start on Speed 4, then slowly move up to Speed 8. You can serve as is or to make a smooth soup simply blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Please read your machine's user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Enjoy with some garlic bread.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.