Roasted Capsicum, Pecorino and Basil Dip
These are some of our favourite tastes of the Mediterranean, all combined together here in one dip. This is perfect as a dip at your next BBQ, stirred through some pasta or even cooked on a pizza base and chopped up as a savoury share plate. The choice is yours!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A very fast, healthy and tasty dip. You can tweak this to your tastes using some chilli or more basil if you wanted, but this dip is amazing." - Tammy
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 1 minute
Makes 3 cups
Can be frozen
You will need:
- capsicum - 150g, roasted, strips
- sun dried tomatoes - 125g
- fresh basil - 10, leaves, shredded
- cashew nuts - 300g, roasted, unsalted, or pine nuts
- pecorino cheese - 120g, cubed
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- salt - 1/2 tsp, optional
- Add the roasted capsicum strips (150g), sun dried tomatoes (125g), shredded fresh basil leaves (10), roasted cashews (300g), cubed pecorino cheese (120g), cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp, if using) to the bowl.
- Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 second blasts until you reach the consistency you like. Some may prefer it chunky whilst others may prefer it more smooth.
Make your own!
* Make your own crackers with these recipes:
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
- The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
- The Summer Issue - Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers