Roasted Capsicum Dip with Spinach Crackers
This is one of my favourite dips that I have been making for years. It was created by a friend and I when we needed a last minute dip for my son's birthday party but didn’t have the ingredients for the usual Herb & Garlic or French Onion-type dips. If you wanted a spicy capsicum dip like the store bought style, you can add some fresh chilli to this and a pinch of cayenne pepper. The crackers are yummy and crunchy. They aren’t very flavoursome on their own so they work perfectly with this dip. - Peta
Reader Feedback: “PETA!!! Great dip! Thanks! I made it for a work do the other day and several people asked for the recipe! That’s always the ultimate compliment for you.” - Felicity
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variation: Can be made without Egg
Preparation Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 1 cup of dip and 80 crackers
- Spinach flatbread crackers:
- bakers flour - 440g
- water - 170g
- baby spinach - 50g
- olive oil - 40g
- salt - 1 tsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- egg - 1, beaten (*brush dough with a light oil for EF version - keep an eye that it doesn’t burn)
- salt - to garnish
- Roasted capsicum dip:
- cream cheese - 250g, cubed
- capsicum - 200g, roasted, strips
- paprika - 1/2 teaspoon, optional
- garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon, optional
- fresh basil - 10, leaves
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
Spinach flatbread crackers:
- Preheat oven 180 degrees and line baking trays.
- Place flour (440g), water (170g), spinach (50g), oil (40g), salt (1 tsp) and garlic (1 tsp) into bowl. Knead 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Speed.
- Divide dough into four balls.Roll out into four very thin rectangles. The thinner they are, the thinner the crackers. I find it's best to roll out on the baking paper or baking mat you will be cooking on.
- Brush the rectangles with egg (1) and sprinkle salt over each.
- Use a pizza cutter or spatula to cut into strips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until nice and crunchy.
- Store in an airtight container.
Roasted capsicum dip:
- Place cream cheese (250g), capsicum (200g), paprika (1/2 tsp), garlic (1/2 tsp), basil (10), and salt and pepper (to taste) into bowl. Speed 5 / 5-10 seconds, until well combined.
- Serve crackers and dip together for a great tasting flavour.