Roast Vegetable Pasta
This gorgeously fresh pasta sauce is full of flavour brought out by the roasting. While it isn't a "quick" recipe, most of the time taken is hands-off cooking time. If you love the flavour of this one, you can easily double the recipe to make more sauce.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Don't be put off by the cook time on this one. It's so simple to make, and there's not much actual hands-on time at all. My kids are looking forward to this in their travel mugs for school lunches tomorrow." - Terri
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
internal steaming basket
- pasta - 250g, of choice
- goat's cheese - 100g, broken up into small pieces, optional (*omit for DF)
- fresh basil - 2-3, baby leaves
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- tomato - 3, halved
- capsicum - 1/2, red
- olive oil - 20g
- fresh thyme - 1 tsp, leaves
- fresh oregano - 1 tsp, leaves
- vegetable stock - 200g, liquid, (or 1 tsp vegetable stock paste* + 200g water)
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Add the peeled red onion (1/2), peeled garlic cloves (2), halved tomatoes (3), capsicum (1/2), olive oil (20g), fresh thyme leaves (1 tsp) and fresh oregano leaves (1 tsp) into a casserole dish. Mix to combine.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Move the roasted vegetables into the mixer bowl.
- Add the liquid stock (200g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl with the vegetables. Blitz Speed 7 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Set the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta (250g) according to packet directions. Drain well.
- Combine sauce and pasta.
- Top with goat cheese (100g, if using) and baby basil leaves (2-3).
Make your own!
* Make your own stock paste with the Odds and Ends Stock Paste recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.