Roast Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Slice
How impressive does this slice look? While it looks like something you would find in a café (sold at ridiculous prices), it is actually really achievable. Try making it at home instead!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Looked really nice and tasted amazing.I have also put some in the freezer for lunches at a later time." - Kirsty
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 20-30 minutes
Makes 10-12 slices
Can be frozen
- cherry tomatoes - 250g, halved
- oil - 15g
- spinach - 40g leaves, shredded
- bocconcini - 15, baby balls, halved if large
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- eggs - 4
- double cream - 100g
- plain flour - 2 Tbsp, (*can use GF)
- fresh basil - 20, leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes (250g) and oil (15g) to the slice tin. Bake for 40 minutes or until roasted.
- Scatter the shredded spinach (40g) and halved baby bocconcini balls (15) over the top of the roasted tomatoes. Mix to combine.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and chopped onion (1) to the bowl. Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (4), double cream (100g), plain flour (2 Tbsp) and basil leaves (20) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, over the tomato mix.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into slices.
- Wrap and place into the lunchbox.