Roast Sweet Potato, Rocket and Pomegranate Salad
Allow the flavours in this salad to infuse over half an hour or so, and you have got yourself one delicious salad that can easily be turned into a solid lunch or dinner. Yum!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The colours and flavours really popped, and we really enjoyed this recipe." - Monika
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Serves 4-6 as a side salad
Cannot be frozen
- olive oil - 40g, good quality
- balsamic vinegar - 20g
- mustard - 1 tsp, wholegrain
- honey - 25g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- sweet potato - 400g, peeled and diced
- pomegranate - 1, arils only
- rocket - 120g, baby leaves
- onion - 1/2 red, peeled, halved and sliced into thin half rings
- walnuts - 80g, toasted
- feta cheese - 60g, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the diced sweet potato (400g) onto the tray.
- Add the olive oil (40g), balsamic vinegar (20g), wholegrain mustard (1 tsp), honey (25g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Pour half of the dressing over the sweet potato and stir to cover well.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining dressing into a jar in the fridge to develop flavours.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Cut the pomegranate (1) in half horizontally along its equator (i.e. don’t cut through the spiky bit at the top, cut the opposite way along the middle). Spread your fingers and lay the cut side of the pomegranate on your fingers. Have a bowl in front of you and, with a wooden spoon, bash the arils from the pomegranate into the bowl. You need to bash hard, and you may need to manually remove some. Take out any pieces of pith that fall into the bowl. Do this for the other side too.
- Combine the pomegranate arils, cooked sweet potato, rocket leaves (120g), sliced red onion (1/2), toasted walnuts (80g) and crumbled feta (60g) in a large bowl. Mix to combine well.
- Shake the jar of dressing and pour over the salad. Mix to combine well.
- Serve or allow to sit for several hours to develop flavours.