Roast Pumpkin Quiche
This is another delicious recipe by Amy Smith from Cooks In Your Kitchen. A fabulous quiche you can make from scratch without too much effort – and have it on hand in the freezer! If you wish to make this gluten free, use the Grain Free Tart Shell recipe from The Dinners Issue.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was AMAZING – an impressive meal with such delicious flavours. The flavours of the pie all worked so beautifully together." - Shannon
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- pumpkin - 500g, peeled and cubed
- honey - 1 Tbsp, or maple syrup
- Sour Cream Pastry - 1 batch, or pastry of choice
- onion - 1-2 Tbsp, caramelised
- baby spinach - large handful
- cherry tomatoes - 250g, halved
- eggs - 6, large
- crème fraîche - 40g
- feta cheese - 200g
- fresh thyme - 2-3 sprigs, leaves only
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin (500g) on the baking tray, drizzle with honey (1 Tbsp), season to taste and roast until soft and slightly caramelised.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Prepare pastry (1 batch) by rolling to 3mm thickness, then use it to line a deep pie tin. Prick with a fork.
- Cover the pastry with baking paper and pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes before removing the baking paper and pie weights and baking for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Spread caramelised onion (1-2 Tbsp) over the base.
- Place roasted pumpkin over onion, then top with baby spinach (large handful) and cherry tomatoes (250g).
- Add eggs (6) and crème fraîche (40g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds then pour over pie filling.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta (200g) over the top, then sprinkle thyme leaves (from 2-3 sprigs) over cheese.
- Bake in a 220C oven for 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 200C for a further 20 minutes or until filling and pastry are cooked.