Roast Pumpkin Hummus
A hummus without chickpeas? Shared with us by Fiona from Food 4 thought, This dip uses the lovely flavour of the tahini and pairs it with roast pumpkin for something delightfully different.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Cooking Time 1 hour including cooling time
Makes 1 cup
Cannot be frozen
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- pumpkin - 500g, cold, roasted, butternut, or 600-700g raw
- tahini paste - 1 Tbsp (make your own - see The Tea Party Issue)
- lemon juice - 20g
- olive oil - 10g, extra virgin
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp, or to taste
- If using raw pumpkin, peel it and remove the seeds. Chop it into approximately 4 – 5cm pieces, lightly coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cook it in a 180C oven for 20 minutes until softened. Allow to cool.
- Place garlic clove (1) into bowl. Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add pumpkin (500g), tahini (1 Tbsp), lemon juice (20g), oil (10g) and salt (1/2 tsp) to bowl. Speed 4 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat if necessary.
- Serve with crackers or vegetable pieces.