- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Roast Pumpkin and Cashew Dip
This is a great dip to have up your sleeve for a crowd-pleasing party favourite. This version trumps store bought dip in so many ways, but boy oh boy – the flavour takes the cake! You could also use this dip inside a chicken Kiev for something different. Keep it stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a few days.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “You have no need to go and buy those expensive dips now – just make this. Super easy and so much flavour! (We were eating it by the spoonful!)" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 20 minutes cooling time
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 2 cups of dip
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large roasting pan
- pumpkin - 300g, butternut or Japanese, seeds removed, peeled and cubed
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- oil - 15g
- paprika - 1 tsp
- dried parsley - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, cubed
- cashew nuts - 200g, unsalted, roasted
- lemon juice - squeeze
- olive oil - optional
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- To a large roasting pan, toss together the peeled and cubed pumpkin (300g), peeled garlic cloves (4), oil (15g), paprika (1 tsp), dried parsley (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and cooked through.
- Remove and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Add the cubed Parmesan cheese (100g) to the mixer bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 4 seconds.
- Add the roasted pumpkin, roasted cashews (200g) and lemon juice (squeeze) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 second blasts until you reach the consistency you like. Some may prefer it chunky whilst others may prefer it more smooth. If it seems dry, feel free to mix in some olive oil (this will depend on your pumpkin).
Make your own!
* Make your own crackers with these recipes:
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
- The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
- The Summer Issue - Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers