Roast Potato Salad
This potato salad is a bit different to what you are used to, and it really goes the distance. The roasting of the potato and prosciutto gives this dish a great flavour, and the creamy dressing ties it all together. It's sure to be a crowd pleaser. For a little tweak, try serving the dressing with crumbled cooked prosciutto stirred through – it makes an amazing dip!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Tasted fantastic. My husband is a bit of a potato salad snob and wasn’t sure when I said roasted potato salad, but he loved it! He said, 'I could eat all of that myself!'" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40-45 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
steaming attachment, lower dish and upper tray
2 baking trays
- water - 600g, hot
- potato - 1.5kg, baby, halved
- eggs - 6, whole
- prosciutto - 6 slices
- fresh chives - 1/2 bunch, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- fresh dill - 3 Tbsp, leaves
- double cream - 100g
- mayonnaise - 300g, whole egg
- lemon juice - 20g
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- Variations / Serving suggestions:
- prosciutto - cooked, crumbled, to add to dressing
- Add hot water (600g) to the bowl. Add the halved potatoes (1.5kg) into both the steaming attachment lower dish and upper tray.
- Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Stir the potatoes.
- Add eggs (6) to the internal steaming attachment and set in place. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming attachment from the bowl. Carefully remove the lid to allow some steam to escape and to let the potatoes cool slightly.
- Carefully remove the internal steaming basket with the eggs.
- Return the lid to the steaming attachment and hold it firmly in place while you shake the potatoes around inside the steaming attachment to chuff them up a bit.
- Lay the steamed potatoes across the two prepared trays. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes start to crisp up slightly. Wash and dry the bowl.
- Peel and quarter the boiled eggs (6). Set aside.
- Add the prosciutto slices (6) on top of the potatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes to crisp up.
- Add the chopped chives (from 1/2 bunch) and fresh dill leaves (3 Tbsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the double cream (100g), mayonnaise (300g), lemon juice (20g), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and combine with the dressing, cooked eggs and thinly sliced red onion (1/2). Mix well to combine.
- Top with crumbled prosciutto and fresh chopped chives.
Make your own!