Roast Garlic Cauliflower Mash
Cauliflower is such an inexpensive vegetable that we just don't give enough credit to. Over the next three pages we are sharing some delicious ideas using cauliflower that you can incorporate into your weekly menu. This roast garlic cauliflower mash is a great inexpensive low carb option for those looking at reducing their carb intake. The garlic gives this side dish a fantastic flavour.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This cauliflower mash is perfect accompaniment to just about any meal. I love the addition of the onion and garlic. I could seriously eat it just as it is." - Shannah
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 8, separated but not peeled
- cauliflower - 800g, florets
- water - 40g
- butter - 40g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (8) onto the prepared tray. Bake until soft and translucent, approximately 40 minutes. Once cooked, allow to cool slightly.
- Place cauliflower (800g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add water (40g) to the bowl. Program 22 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Peel the baked garlic cloves.
- Add the butter (40g), salt (1 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp) and the garlic cloves and onions. Mix on Speed 10 until smooth.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.