Roast Cauliflower and Paprika Hummus
This is a delicious recipe for those who love hummus but are looking for something a little different! A delicious dip to serve when friends are popping over. See if they can guess the secret vegetable used!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Cauliflower hummus – who would have thought?! It tasted great, and it's a good way to get an extra serve of vegetables into the day." - Nicki
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 20 minutes cooling time
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen but best served fresh
You will need:
large roasting pan
- crackers - to serve
- vegetables of choice - sticks, to serve
- Roast cauliflower:
- cauliflower - 1/2 head, broken into florets
- paprika - 2 tsp, smoked
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 30g
- olive oil - 90g
- tahini paste - 40g
- yoghurt - 50g, Greek
- paprika - 1 tsp, smoked
- lemon - 1, juice only
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- salt - to season well
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the cauliflower florets (from 1/2 head), smoked paprika (2 tsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), turmeric (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and olive oil (30g) in a large roasting pan. Mix to combine well.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Add the roasted cauliflower, olive oil (90g), tahini (40g), Greek yoghurt (50g), smoked paprika (1 tsp), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), fresh chopped parsley (2 Tbsp) and salt to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Blend on Speed 10 until smooth.
- Serve with crackers or veggie sticks of choice.
Make your own!
*Make your own tahini paste with the Tahini Paste recipe from The Tea Party Issue.
*Make your own crackers with these recipes:
• The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
• The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
• The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
• The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
• The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
• The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
• The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
• The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
• The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
• The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
• The Summer Issue - Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers