Roast Capsicum Relish
This is a great small batch relish recipe that will keep for several weeks. Enjoy alongside our Cheese and Silverbeet Quiche or simply with some crusty bread, cheese and ham.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The perfect addition to an antipasto platter, some crusty bread and wine for a picnic at the park. So quick and easy to whip up, will be taking this to my next picnic." - Prue
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Serves approx. 1 cup
Can be frozen
- onions - 2, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- oil - 20g
- mustard seeds - 1.5 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- capsicum - 500g, roasted strips
- apple cider vinegar - 50g
- sugar - 50g
- Place onions (2) and garlic cloves (2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add oil (20g), mustard seeds (1.5 tsp), paprika (1 tsp) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add capsicum (500g), vinegar (50g) and sugar (50g). Cook 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 1. Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent splatters.
- Pour into a sealable jar and store in the fridge until serving.