Roast Capsicum Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Vegetables
One word: YUM! This is a meal that looks impressive yet only takes 35 minutes to get on the table! This sauce is so delicious and versatile. It is great when stirred through pasta or served alongside grilled meats or sausage rolls.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a fantastic and healthy all-in-one meal that is very quick and easy to prepare! It's all cooked together, and the sauce is amazing – it will be getting multiple uses! A lovely and easy dish that can be dressed up or down." - Tammy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Chicken can be frozen
- chicken tenderloins - 8, large, (2 per person)
- prosciutto - 8 slices
- oil - for greasing
- vegetables of choice - to serve (e.g., carrots, broccoli and beans)
- fresh basil - 10, leaves, shredded
- Roasted capsicum sauce:
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- oil - 20g
- paprika - 1 tsp
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- capsicum - 260g jar, roasted strips in oil
- sugar - 1 Tbsp, or sweetener of choice, optional
- water - 150g, hot
Roasted capsicum sauce:
- Add the peeled and halved onion (1) and peeled garlic cloves (2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g), paprika (1 tsp), salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Drain most of the oil from the roasted capsicum strips (from 260g jar), still leaving the strips quite oily.
- Add the roasted capsicum strips, sugar (1 Tbsp, if using) and hot water (150g) to the bowl.
- Meanwhile, wrap each chicken tenderloin (8 total) in a slice of prosciutto (8 total). Place into the oiled steaming attachment lower dish.
- Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Carefully place your vegetables of choice in the steaming attachment upper tray. Remember that steam burns, so please take the steaming attachment away from your mixer as you do this. Program 7 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Carefully check that the chicken is cooked through. If necessary, keep cooking.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables from the mixer,
- Blend the remaining sauce at Speed 8 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on. Please read your machine’s user manual for the correct method of safely blending hot liquids as each machine varies.
- Spoon the roasted capsicum sauce over the tenderloins and top with shredded basil leaves (10). Serve with the steamed vegetables.