Roast Capsicum Pesto Pasta Sauce
If you fancy a bit of a change from the traditional pasta and pesto, you should give this roasted red capsicum pesto pasta sauce a go. Super refreshing flavours, and the sweetness from the capsicum goes so well with pasta. You can store any leftover pesto in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a great recipe to make when capsicums are on sale. It provides a sweet and tasty pasta sauce which could be used over filled pasta as well as plain pasta." - Jane
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- capsicums - 5, red
- cashew nuts - 150g
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- fresh basil - 10g leaves
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- pasta - of choice, to serve (*ensure GF and EF if required), optional
- Preheat the oven to 250C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the capsicums (5) on the tray. Bake for 25 minutes until charred. Optional: while you are waiting, you can cook the pasta in a saucepan.
- Toast the cashews (150g) in a large frying pan and set aside.
- Remove the capsicums from the oven and deseed.
- Add the capsicums to the bowl with the cashews, garlic clove (1), oil (20g) and basil (10g). Season with salt and pepper. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Serve with cooked pasta straight away, or you can store the pesto in a sterilised jar in the fridge.