Roast Capsicum Hummus and Poached Egg on Sourdough
Oh boy, does this make for a delicious lunch and an even yummier breakfast option for those lazy weekends. Café style at home! The hummus component of this recipe will make much more than one serve, so keep it in the fridge for up to three days. It is also great served as a dip!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “An appealing, tasty and super easy dish that looks impressive for minimum effort! The hummus tasted amazing. My 2-year-old hummus fanatic ate it by the spoonful." - Kate
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- bread - 2 thick slices, sourdough, toasted* (*can use GF)
- eggs - 2, poached
- Roasted capsicum hummus:
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chickpeas - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- capsicum - 60g, roasted, strips
- fresh basil - 4, leaves
- lemon juice - 20g
- olive oil - 15g
Roasted capsicum hummus:
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), rinsed chickpeas (400g tin), roasted capsicum strips (60g), basil leaves (4), lemon juice (20g) and olive oil (15g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Blend Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat until smooth.
- Spread the hummus over the slices of toast (2).
- Top each slice with a poached egg (2).
Note: Leftover hummus can be kept in a jar in the fridge for 4 days.
Make your own!
*Make your own sourdough bread with the Cheat's Sourdough Bread recipe from The Breakfast Issue or the Sourdough Bread recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue.