Roast Beef and Caramelised Mustard Onion Open Sandwich
A café style sandwich at home for a fraction of the cost! And it's ready in less time than it takes to find your keys and drive to the nearest café. Keep any leftover onions in the fridge for up to three days.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The mustard seeds really enhanced the flavour of the caramelised onions! My friend and I loved having this for lunch. When the onions are made in advance, this is a quick and simple meal." - Sharree
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 4 minutes
Cooking Time 26 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- ciabatta - 2 slices (*can use GF)
- roast beef - 100g, shaved
- rocket - handful, fresh leaves
- onion - 200g, peeled and thinly sliced
- olive oil - 10g
- mustard seeds - 1/2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar - 15g
- Add the sliced onions (200g), olive oil (10g) and mustard seeds (1/2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 18 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
- Remove any onion from around the blades, and wipe the spatula over the base of the bowl.
- Add the balsamic vinegar (15g) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Top a slice of bread (1 only) with onions, shaved beef (100g) and rocket leaves (handful), then top with the other slice of bread.
Note: Store leftover onions in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.
Make your own!
*Make your own ciabatta bread with the Ciabatta with Olive Oil and Balsamic recipe from The Dinner Party Issue or the Roasted Garlic and Basil Ciabatta recipe from The Summer Issue.