Ricotta Parmesan Gnudi with Butter, Sageand Lemon Sauce
GlutenGnudi are little bites of deliciousness made of ricotta and Parmesan cheese rolled in semolina. They have been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh, the Thermomix Baking Blogger. It is an overnight process, so it makes an ideal starter for a dinner party. This recipe also includes a delicious sauce to accompany the gnudi made with butter, sage, lemon and (surprise) more Parmesan. Try this cheesy mouth feast if you want a taste of the real Italian stuff.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very indulgent and cheesy dish. Would certainly make a nice starter to a dinner party." - Christina
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes, plus overnight chilling
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 50, plus extra for grating
- ricotta cheese - 500g
- semolina - for dusting and rolling (*can use polenta for GF)
- butter - 100g
- fresh sage - 1, bunch
- lemon - 1, zest only
- cherry tomatoes - 100g
- garlic clove - 1
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Place the Parmesan cheese (50g) in the mixer bowl. Grate finely Speed 10/ 6 seconds.
- Add the ricotta (500g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- On a large plate, scatter over some semolina to cover the plate. Repeat on another plate that fits in your fridge.
- Using a spoon, carefully spoon out some of the mixture on the plate you don't want to put in the fridge. Roll in some semolina and make a ball. Place on the fridge plate.
- Repeat until you have used up the mixture. Place in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- When you are ready to cook the gnudi, heat up a saucepan and add butter (100g), sage (1 bunch), lemon zest (from 1 lemon), cherry tomatoes (100g) and garlic clove (1). Add salt and pepper to taste and grate some extra Parmesan cheese on top.
- Let the Parmesan cheese dissolve and fry slightly for about 5 minutes. Add the gnudi to the pan. Combine it all very gently as the gnudi are super fragile. Serve up the gnudi with the sauce and enjoy!