Ricotta and Dill Patties with Smoked Salmon
These are a taste sensation! Consider the audience that you are making these for – three large fritters per person would be perfect for a brunch, but you could also make them into bite-size hors d’oeuvres!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These tasted amazing!" - Michelle
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Variations: *Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes per batch
Serves 4 (approx. 12 fritters total)
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
thin muslin cloth
large frying pan
- oil - 30g, for frying
- smoked salmon - 250g, shaved
- sour cream - 100g
- fresh dill - sprigs, to garnish
- zucchini - 200g, roughly chopped
- lemon - 1 strip of peel
- ricotta cheese - 125g
- milk - 75g
- egg - 1
- sour cream - 50g
- self raising flour - 100g, (*can use GF)
- fresh dill - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- Add the chopped zucchini (200g) and lemon peel (1 strip) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 2 seconds.
- Place the mixture into a thin muslin cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Add the zucchini mixture back to the bowl, along with the ricotta cheese (125g), milk (75g), egg (1), sour cream (50g), self raising flour (100g), chopped dill (1 Tbsp), chopped parsley (1 Tbsp), cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) and salt (1/4 tsp). Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds or until combined.
- Add the oil (30g) into a large frying pan over low to medium heat on the stove.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of mixture into the pan. Flatten slightly. Repeat until you have 3-4 fritters in the pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping over and cooking for another 4-5 minutes. These will be soft, so flip them gently.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately topped with smoked salmon slices (250g total), a dollop of sour cream (100g total) and fresh dill.
Make your own!
* Make your own ricotta with the Ricotta Cheese recipe from The Make Your Own Bonus Issue.