Rich Chocolate Cheesecake
A decadent dessert that is simple, quick and made with ingredients you will likely have in the pantry. A no-bake cheesecake that is not for the fainthearted! This one is perfect for dark chocolate lovers.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Ahhhhhhmazzzzzzzing! It looked really decadent, especially when it was cut! I looooved it!" - Kate
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 30 minutes + 8 hours chilling time
Cooking Time 11 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- biscuits of choice - 250g, sweet, broken up into small pieces (*can use GF)
- cacao powder - 1.5 Tbsp
- butter - 100g
- chocolate - 250g, 70% dark, broken up into small pieces
- cream cheese - 750g, softened and cubed
- cream - 150g, pure
- sugar - 80g
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- cocoa powder - to dust
- Line the base and sides of a 22cm springform pan with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits (250g) into the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Add the cacao (1.5 Tbsp) and butter (100g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 10 seconds, or until it looks like sand. Stop, scrape down sides and continue if required.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan and press down so that it is compacted and smooth.
- Place in fridge while you make the next layer.
- Wash and dry the bowl well.
- Add the dark chocolate pieces (250g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Add the cubed cream cheese (750g), pure cream (150g), sugar (80g) and vanilla bean paste (2 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds. You may need to help the mixture along with your spatula. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 7 / 30 seconds. If it's still not fully mixed, continue to blend on Speed 7 until the mixture is smooth, light and soft.
- Remove the base from the fridge and pour the filling over the base, smoothing out to form an even top.
- Dust top of the cheesecake with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, loosen the springform pan, remove the outer ring, then remove the baking paper from the sides.
- Slice and serve.