Rich Cheese Finishing Sauce
If you have a "favourite" white sauce to go with your silverside, it's time for that to step aside – there's a new sauce in town! This cheese sauce is so yummy, so easy and truly the perfect accompaniment to silverside and vegetables.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A wonderful easy sauce to whip up to help dress up a bland meal. We ate this with silverside, and it's so much nicer than the normal cheese sauce I usually do with it. The additions of Parmesan cheese, mustard powder and parsley make this sauce just a little bit special. It'll be my go-to cheese sauce recipe from now on!" - Sue
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Variations: *Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 3 minutes
Cooking Time 7 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- corned beef - cooked, thickly cut
- vegetables of choice - steamed
- Rich cheese finishing sauce:
- milk - 150g
- plain flour - 15g, (*can use GF)
- butter - 20g
- mustard powder - 1/4 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, ground, black
- Parmesan cheese - 50g, grated
- fresh parsley - 1 tsp, chopped
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed Parmesan cheese (50g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the milk (150g), plain flour (15g), butter (20g), mustard powder (1/4 tsp), salt (1/4 tsp) and ground black pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Program 7 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese (50g) and chopped parsley (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce over meat and serve with steamed vegetables.