Rhubarb Dessert Soup
This sweet soup has been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. A soup of the sweet variety – what a revelation! When rhubarb is in season you really must get involved! If you don't like the idea of a sweet soup, make up the recipe and use it on top of ice cream as a rhubarb syrup.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A different take on the usual winter soup, especially for all the rhubarb lovers out there. It has a vibrant color and looks impressive when served in large, shallow bowls." - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 22 minutes
Can be frozen
- orange - 1, zest only
- brown sugar - 80g, dark
- orange juice - 550g, freshly squeezed
- rhubarb - 350-450g, roughly chopped
- strawberries - 400g, hulled
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- ice cream - 1 scoop , or gelato of choice, to serve (*omit for DF)
- pepper - black cracked , to taste
- Place orange zest (from 1 orange) and sugar (80g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Add a dash of the orange juice. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Add rhubarb (350-450g), strawberries (400g) and orange juice (550g) to the bowl. Program 13 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add cinnamon (1 tsp) and vanilla (1 tsp). Blend Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Please read your machine’s user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Cool slightly before serving with a scoop of gelato and a little cracked black pepper over the gelato.