- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Rendang Curry Paste
Another great paste to have in the fridge or freezer that will make a delicious midweek meal a breeze! Scroll on down to the bottom of this recipe for some instructions on how you can make a mouthwatering and tender rendang meal with the help of your thermo mixer.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Insanely easy dish! I had the paste in the freezer ready to go, and I made the recipe suggestion whilst sick. It took about 4 minutes of prep to get it ready! The end result was some delicious and tender meat that I could cut with a spoon. A winner of a dish." - Tammy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 2 portions
Can be frozen
You will need:
airtight jar or bottle
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- eschallots - 4, peeled
- chilli - 4, mild, roughly chopped, or adjust to taste
- lemongrass - 1 stalk, roughly chopped
- galangal - 4cm piece, peeled and halved
- tamarind puree - 30g
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- dried coriander - 1.5 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1.5 tsp, seeds
- cloves - 1/2 tsp, ground
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, white
- Serving suggestions:
- casserole beef - 700g, diced, to cook the meal
- coconut milk - 400g, to cook the meal
- cinnamon - 1 stick, to cook the meal
- pumpkin - 500g, diced, to cook the meal
- rice - steamed, to serve
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (4), peeled eschallots (4), chopped chillies (4), chopped lemongrass (1 stalk), peeled and halved galangal (4cm piece), tamarind puree (30g), turmeric (1 tsp), ground coriander (1.5 tsp), cumin seeds (1.5 tsp), ground cloves (1/2 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and white pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 5 seconds until a paste is formed. It can be as chunky or smooth as you like.
- Store in an airtight jar or bottle for up to a week or divide into two portions and freeze until needed.
- Add half of the curry paste to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Add the diced beef (700g), coconut milk (400g), cinnamon stick (1) and diced pumpkin (400g) to the bowl. Program 60 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on. Test the meat. Continue cooking for a longer period if you wish.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites