Red Snapper with Veggie Skewers and Paprika Potatoes
If you are looking for a simple starter that is healthy, look no further. These red snapper skewers are simple but delicious with beautiful paprika potatoes to make them a great snack at dinner time. The potatoes taste delicious as a cold salad the next day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I would make this again ten times over! It's so healthy, simple and fresh. It can be made quickly after a busy day." - Carly
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- snapper - 2, red, fillets, can use more if needed
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, black, ground
- lemon - 1, juice only
- zucchini - 2
- cherry tomatoes - 10-15
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- oil - 20g
- water - 500g
- vegetable stock - 1 cube or 2 tsp vegetable stock paste
- potatoes - 600g, baby
- capsicum - 1, red, chopped into large chunks
- fresh parsley - 20g, stalks removed
- dried oregano - 1/2 tsp
- cream cheese - 75g (*omit for DF)
- On a large chopping board, chop the red snapper fillets (2) in small cubes and season with salt (1/2 tsp only), black pepper (1/2 tsp only) and lemon juice (from 1 lemon).
- Chop the zucchini (2) in 2cm pieces. Thread the zucchini, fish and cherry tomatoes (10-15) onto skewers and place on the upper tray of the steaming attachment.
- Add the onion (1) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Pour in the oil (20g). Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the water (500g) and vegetable stock cube (1) to the bowl. Insert the simmering basket. Chop the potatoes (600g) into small chunks and add to the simmering basket.
- Put the steaming attachment on the bowl. Program 25 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming attachment and simmering basket and set aside. Pour the liquid in a small jug.
- To the dried bowl, add the red capsicum (1) and chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Pour 100g of the reserved liquid in the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the parsley (20g), salt (1/2 tsp), oregano (1/2 tsp) and black pepper (1/2 tsp). Mix Speed 8 / 20 seconds.
- Add cream cheese (75g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 10 seconds.
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and pour the sauce over them. Serve with the skewers immediately.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites