Red Pesto Tuna Spaghetti
This delicious dinner idea is from the TRTLMT blog in 2016. If you are looking for a new dinner idea that you can get on the table in under 30 minutes, this is the recipe for you. It has quickly become my kiddies' favourite! - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So delicious – I will definitely make it again! I even got the kid who thinks he doesn’t like tuna to eat it all. You won’t be disappointed!" - Kylie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 250g, thin spaghetti (*can use GF and EF)
- tuna - 425g, tin, drained and flaked
- fresh basil - leaves, to garnish
- Parmesan cheese - shaved, to garnish
- Red pesto:
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- sun dried tomatoes - 200g, in oil
- cashews - 120g, or macadamia nuts
- olive oil - 1 Tbps
- fresh basil - 5, leaves
- Parmesan cheese - 50g, grated
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cook the spaghetti (250g) according to packet instructions.
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add cubed cheese (50g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the garlic clove (1), sun dried tomatoes (200g), cashews (120g), oil (1 Tbsp), basil leaves (5), Parmesan cheese (50g), lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Taste the pesto, then add extra salt, pepper and / or oil as needed.
- Drain the spaghetti once it is cooked. Move it to a large bowl.
- Add the tuna (425g tin) and pesto to the large bowl with the cooked spaghetti. Stir to combine. Add extra oil if necessary.
- Serve with basil leaves and Parmesan cheese over the top.