Red Pesto Tuna Ciabattas
This recipe is so versatile and can really be used on any beautiful bread that you pick up from your farmer's market. Ciabatta works especially well! Alternatively, you can use it as a dip with vegetable crudites for a deliciously healthy grain-free lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Quick, easy and delicious. It was seriously yum!" - Bec B.
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 18 minutes
Makes 4 ciabatta sandwiches
Tuna mix can be frozen
- tuna - 425g, tin, spring water, drained and flaked
- ciabatta - 8, slices of bread (or GF bread)
- baby spinach - leaves
- tomato - slices
- onion - red rings
- Sun dried tomato paste:
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chilli - 1, mild, deseeded
- fresh parsley - 1/4, bunch
- Parmesan cheese - 100g
- sun dried tomatoes - 300g, semi sun dried in oil
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Place garlic clove (1), chilli (1), parsley (1/4 bunch) and Parmesan cheese (100g) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the tomatoes (300g including the oil) and lemon juice (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add flaked tuna (425g tin) to the bowl. Combine Speed 2 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Lightly toast the ciabatta (8 slices).
- Layer spinach, tomato slices and onion rings on top of a ciabatta slice. Top with tuna mixture. Place another ciabatta slice on top and serve.