Red Lentil and Chorizo Soup
The combination of lentils and chorizo is a surprising but satisfying duo. Chorizo adds the punch, while the lentils form the wholesome and hearty base. You can choose to serve the soup smooth to completely meld the flavours together, or you can leave it chunky and get a little bit of chorizo here and there (we love it chunky!)
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a quick and tasty soup to make. Great for lunches or an easy dinner served with bread. Yum!" - Sally
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- olive oil - 10g
- chorizo sausages - 200g, diced (*ensure DF if required)
- lentils - 150g, red, rinsed well
- beef stock - 60g, paste
- water - 750g
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, diced
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh oregano - 1 Tbsp, leaves only
- bread - crusty, to serve (*omit for GF)
- Place onion (1) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (10g) and chorizo (200g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add rinsed red lentils (150g), beef stock paste (60g), water (750g) and tomatoes (400g tin) to the bowl. Program 30 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add parsley (2 Tbsp) and oregano leaves (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 3 seconds until just combined.
- You can serve as is or to make a smooth soup simply blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Please read your machine’s user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve with crusty bread.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.